Goal of the project is to get a strategic approach to boost biomethane markets, aiming at an increased biomethane production and injection into gas grid. Main actions are:
- Find solutions to market barriers
- Bring together potential business partners
- Hands-on know-how transfer to “starter” countries
- Promotion of biomethane projects in countries with high potential but few activities
Project duration: June 2011 – June 2014
EBA leads two Working Packages: Trade and Technical standards and contributes to other tasks of the project such as workshops and publications.
Objective of the package is to develop a roadmap to create a European trade scheme, to improve transparency for biomethane markets/certificates and to share experience.
Latest results of the WP:
- Final Report GreenGasgrids
- National Biomethane Roadmaps: Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, The Netherlands, France, Hungary, UK
- Documentation of European Biomethane Workshop
- Discussion paper biomethane trade
- Documentation of 2nd GreenGasGrids workshop on Development of biomethane
- Discussion paper on sustainability, technical standards, trade and country targets for biomethane
- Documentation of 1st GreenGasGrids workshop on Biomethane trade
- Proposal for European Biomethane Roadmap
WP: Technical standards
The WP focuses on technical standards applied to biomethane injected into the gas grid, with specific uncertainty related to calorific value, oxygen and components such as siloxanes.
- Discussion paper Technical standards for biomethane as vehicle fuel and for injection into the natural gas