Biogas Action aims to serve as vehicle for the development of the European biogas sector and to increase the biogas and biomethane production in the European Union, by focusing on removing the non-technical barrirs to contribute to creating better frameworks for the widespread production of biogas and biomethane, in line with the EU 2020 targets.
The Biogas Action consortium consists of 13 partners from 10 countries and strives to promote the production of sustainable biogas throughout the European Union, especially by exchanging best practice, creating new business models, and increasing investments in biogas production. The project will undertake the following actions:
- Identify and disseminate proven support strategies and guidelines, to fulfil the potential for biogas and biomethane development in Europe.
- Define and implement a specific biogas/biomethane intervention strategy in each target country/region.
- Exchange knowledge and experience within and beyond the target areas and the project life time.
Project duration: January 2016 – December 2018
EBA will take the lead in 2 work programmes:
- Tool for successful regional biogas initiatives and deployment: compilation of comprehensive guidelines on how to fulfill the potential for biogas and biomethane development in Europe, based on proven support strategies.
- Dissemination & Communication: disseminating the activities and results of the project, spread the knowledge in the European background and communicate to the key target groups along with the general public.