EBA is a non-profit organisation aiming to promote the deployment of sustainable biogas and biomethane production and use in Europe, coming from anaerobic digestion and biomass gasification. Our network unites the most experienced biogas and biomethane experts from over 25 countries across Europe.
Ghent University is internationally one of the leading institutes in resource recovery and renewable resources. It is home to the BioRefine Cluster Europe (www.biorefine.eu), a network of international research and development projects with dedicated focus of guiding innovation towards applied market implementation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communication expert to join the EBA office in Brussels and support the BioRefine Cluster Europe activities on an occasional basis. The job forms a bridge between a European association on one hand and a leading research institute on the other.
- Organisation: (A) EBA – European Biogas Association a.i.s.b.l. (B) BioRefine Cluster Europe
- Job title: Communications Officer
- Address: Renewable Energy House (REH), Rue d’Arlon 63-65, 1040 Brussels
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- You will be managing / involved in all communication related tasks at the EBA: designing EBA publications, leading communication campaigns, managing the website and social media, carrying out media partnerships, handling media enquiries, etc.
- You will be in charge of event management at EBA: venue scouting, event marketing, registrations, etc.
- You will be in regular contact with over 100 international members of the EBA as well as with partner organisations and other stakeholders.
- You will be involved in communications related tasks of the EBA’s projects (H2020).
- You will help implement the communication strategy and related activities of the BioRefine Cluster Europe (digital presence, co-organisation of events, project cooperation, etc.).
- University graduate in a related field (Communications, Journalism, Marketing…)
- Knowledge of circular economy (resource recovery and renewable resources) and renewable energy is desirable
- Previous experience in communication (newsletter, press releases, social media website, publications) – 3-5 years proven track
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other European languages, particularly French and German, are considered an asset.
- Autonomy, self-organisation, reliability.
- We are looking for a proactive person, characterized by good networking skills
- A work permit for Belgium is mandatory
- IT skills: experience with website management, social media, newsletters and desktop publishing software
What we offer
- An interesting job working in a young and dynamic team working on innovative topics which are ecologically sustainable and industrially / economically interesting
- Working in an international environment with a European association in Brussels on one hand and a leading research institute on the other
- Working together with project consortia and their communication officers throughout Europe
- Positive career perspectives following successful implementation and management of a good communication strategy
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV (max. 2 pages, no Europass format!) in English and a motivation letter with a reply to the following question: “How your skills will help you to fulfil the tasks of a Communication Manager?” (max. 1 page) via email only and with the subject ‘Application BCE – your name’ to Susanna Pfluger, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 23:59. Candidates that are accepted for the next round will be invited for interviews at EBA offices. Interviews will take place on 9 and 10 of July.
Strictly no telephone calls. Only candidates matching the profile will be considered and contacted.