We are currently looking for one person to support the Gent University and the EBA secretariat as a Communication & Community Manager.
Communication & Community Manager
Ghent University is internationally one of the leading institutes in resource recovery and renewable resources. It is home to the BioRefine Cluster Europe (www.biorefine.eu), a network of international research and development projects with dedicated focus of guiding innovation towards applied market implementation.
EBA is a non-profit organisation aiming to promote the deployment of sustainable biogas and biomethane production and use in Europe, coming from anaerobic digestion and biomass gasification. Our network unites the most experienced biogas and biomethane experts from over 20 countries all across Europe.
We are jointly seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communication expert to support our staff in Ghent (main position) and Brussels (flex desk). The position is a joint position, enrolled in both organizations holding office in Ghent and Brussels, Belgium respectively.
The job forms a bridge between a European association on one hand and a leading research institute on the other in their joint ambition of supporting the BioRefine Cluster Europe.
(A) Ghent University, Faculty Applied Bioscience Engineering
(B) EBA – European Biogas Association a.i.s.b.l.
Job title: Communication & Community Manager
(A) Faculty Applied Bioscience Engineering, Coupure Links 654, 9000 Ghent (Main office)
(B) Renewable Energy House (REH), Rue d’Arlon 63-65, 1040 Brussels (Flex desk)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job description and scope of activities:
• You will set up and manage the communication strategy of the BioRefine Cluster Europe (digital presence, social media,…)
• You will actively develop a strategy towards an interactive community, increasing interaction between European research projects involved
• You will pro-actively interact with and engage technical and communication officers at EBA and staff at Ghent University for execution of this strategy
• You will support EBA and Ghent University stakeholder events and seek optimal interaction between the European research projects on one hand and the event calendar of the two organizations on the other
• University graduate in a related field (Communications, Journalism, Marketing…)
• Knowledge of circular economy (resource recovery and renewable resources) is desirable
• Previous experience in communication (newsletter, press releases, social media website) – 3-5 years proven track
• Excellent written and spoken English. Other European languages are considered an asset
• Autonomy, self-organisation, reliability
• We are looking for a proactive person, characterized by good networking skills
• A work permit for Belgium is mandatory
• IT skills: experience with website management, social media, newsletters
Gent University & EBA offer:
✓ An interesting job working in a young and dynamic team working on innovative topics which are ecologically sustainable and industrially / economically interesting
✓ Working in an international environment with a European association in Brussels on one hand and a leading research institute on the other
✓ Working together with project consortia and their communication officers throughout Europe
✓ Positive career perspectives following successful implementation and management of a good communication strategy
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV (max. 2 pages, no Europass format!) in English and a motivation letter with a reply to the following question: “How your skills will help you to fulfil the tasks of a Communication Manager?” (max. 1 page) via email only and with the subject ‘Application BCE – your name’ to Dr. Evi Michels, Daily Manager of the BioRefine Cluster Europe, email@example.com by June 2. Candidates that are accepted for the next round will be invited for interviews, of which first interviews will be scheduled on June 8.
Strictly no telephone calls. Only candidates matching the profile will be considered and contacted.