The objective is to elaborate a solid information base on FaB (Food and Beverage) waste utilisation for biogas production and to prove the efficiency and feasibility of FaB waste-based biogas implementation projects. During 30 months of the project partners will:
- Set-up national contact points in FaB associations in all partner countries
- Organise awareness raising events for FaB
- Identify potentials for using FaB waste
- Compile a complete set of tools and guidelines, facilitating cooperation between FaB industry, biogas sector and lawmakers all over Europe.
Project duration: 04/2013 – 10/2015
- EBA will prepare an International Handbook “Biogas production in Food and Beverage Industry”, describing status of biogas production in partner countries, status of R&D projects on this topic, best practice examples and the most promising FaB industry branches.
- Information on the national legal frameworks on green energy production and information on already known barriers in biogas production
- To assists the FaB associations for detailed questions arising during the advisory services
- To organize workshops and seminars for FaB industry
European Sustainable Biofuels Forum – founded in 2012 – is a single organisation grouping the European biofuels producers and policy actors under one single umbrella in order to address common issues and promote the development of alternative fuels. ESBF gathers organisations from the biodiesel, algae and biogas sectors as well major stakeholders from the bioethanol industry.
EBA’s role in the project is to deliver and to spread out extensive information on biomethane as a fuel.
Project duration: 09/2012 – 03/2015
Goal of the project is to get a strategic approach to boost biomethane markets, aiming at an increased biomethane production and injection into gas grid. Main actions are:
- Find solutions to market barriers
- Bring together potential business partners
- Hands-on know-how transfer to “starter” countries
- Promotion of biomethane projects in countries with high potential but few activities
Project duration: June 2011 – June 2014
EBA leads two Working Packages: Trade and Technical standards and contributes to other tasks of the project such as workshops and publications.
Objective of the package is to develop a roadmap to create a European trade scheme, to improve transparency for biomethane markets/certificates and to share experience.
Latest results of the WP:
WP: Technical standards
The WP focuses on technical standards applied to biomethane injected into the gas grid, with specific uncertainty related to calorific value, oxygen and components such as siloxanes.
Project duration: 05/2010 – 10/2012
BiogasIN aimed at creation of sustainable biogas market in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Latvia, Romania and Slovenia. Core objective of the project was to reduce framework barriers for biogas projects in CEE: high administrative barriers both during the permitting and the financing phases.