EBA Workshop: Future of biomethane production – will cross-border trade be feasible?
3 September 2015, Brussels, 10h-16h
The European Biogas Association held a very fruitful one-day workshop dedicated to discussing challenges and options of biomethane.
- Overview of different pathways of producing and using biomethane – Dr. Jan Stambasky, European Biogas Association (EBA)
- The present status and future prospects of biomethane production through biomass gasification – Dr. Jörgen Held, CEO, Renewtec AB
- Latest developments in upgrading of raw biogas to biomethane – Dr. Alfons Schulte-Schulze Berndt, General Director Schmack-Carbotech Gm
- Power to Gas – key technology for the energy turnaround joining biomethane – Reinhard Otten, Audi
- CNH Industrial: CNG – LNG and Biomethane applications for Heavy Duty Vehicles – Giovanni Margaria, EMEA – Institutional Relations – Technical, CNH Industrial
- Technical and administrative conditions for injecting biomethane into the natural gas grid – Thierry Deschuyteneer, Executive Secretary, Gas Infrastructure Europe
- Natural gas and biomethane are complementary fuels – developments in Sweden – Dr. Mattias Svensson Specialist, Energiforsk – Swedish Energy Research Centre
- Biomethane UK “Stepping on the gas” – Philipp Lukas, General Director Future Biogas Ltd., Chairman of EBA’s Company Advisory Council
- A single European biomethane grid: Progress and Challenges – Dr. Attila Kovacs, Board Member
European Biogas Association
EBA Policy Meeting
- After the Workshop, EBA Members were invited to join an overview and discussion of relevant policy issues. The presentation delivered by EBA can be downloaded here.