Energy storage is the key unlocking the full potential of renewable energy. The Power-to-Methane (PtM) technology is a leading concept enabling medium and long-term energy storage, becoming a topical issue at technical and political levels.
The European Biogas Association (EBA), Gas Infrastructure Europe (GIE) and the European Renewable Gas Registry (ERGaR) are organising this workshop to explore the advantages of the PtM technology, by highlighting its great potential in greening the European gas grid and storing large quantities of renewable energy, while putting it in the context of the EU’s Energy Union Strategy.
– State-of-the art of the Power-to-Methane technology
– Power-to-Methane as an integral part of the European gas industry
– Scenarios to decarbonise the European gas grid
– Infrastructure allowing renewable gases to be transported safely and cost-efficiently in the European gas grid
– Understanding of the European gas market as one joint market (mass-balancing; – Guarantees of Origin (GoO)
The final programme is available below.
Please note that places for the Workshop are limited.
Should you be interested to participate, please complete the registration form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 5 September 2017.
Admission is free for :
– GIE / EBA / ERGaR Members
– EU Institutions & representatives
– Press / Media
Other participants :
Workshop registration fee : €100
Registration includes lunch and access to the networking event immediately following the Workshop.